Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What's Next?

After milling around trying to think of something to write about, I decided that I would write up a list, not a list of resolutions, Per Se, more like goals.

Are those the same things?

Anyway, I thought I would list some goals of mine for the next year, and beyond. Now, hopefully some of them don't take until beyond, but you never know.

1. - Read Moby Dick, I got this inspiration from Holly the Anglophile Football Fanatic. It figures I would pick this novel, right? But I hear it's pretty good.

2. - Write everyday. In fact, I'm going to try and do the whole Blog365 thing again. Hopefully I won't get really, really sick again. Let's put it this way, all I needed was the dirt.

3. - Try to be more social network savvy. That means Twitter, and Plurk, Facebook and Stumble Upon - sorry no links, too tired, or lazy, you pick your own word.

Hey lookit that - It's 2009 on the east coast, so my time is running out - or maybe I'll have a list of three. :)

Naw.

4. - Exercise, no seriously, I need to exercise. No excuses. None. Nada. Zip.

5. - Eat better, kind of goes along with number four, don't you think.

6. - Be less critical of teen aged boys, well it's worth a shot, right.

7. - Read more, maybe even a classic a month - now that would be some fun!

Okay, it has become resolutions after all that hard work and thought to avoid it. Hmmm.

8. - Get my own dot com, just because it's the thing to do.

9. - Get myself a customized website, or at least improve upon this one.

Cool, this Doctor Who episode reminds me of Lifeboat, that classic Alfred Hitchcock film that takes a good look into humanity and how it deals with stress. If you haven't seen it, you should. In fact...

10. - Watch Lifeboat(1944), it's a classic. Or you could always watch this Doctor Who episode from Series four called Midnight. It's freaking brilliant! Trust me on this one.

Okay, twenty-eight minutes until a new year, and eight hours until Mass.

11. - Should be number one, Pray more, and go to adoration.

12. - Get Jessie's room finished, well started and then finished.

Okay, that's a start, so now I must go pop the champagne and watch Dick Clark bring in the New Year, oh wait, he already did that. I get the local people that seem to have been tipping the ole eggnog themselves, if you know what I mean.

Happy New Year everyone!! I look forward to seeing you all succeed and ave your dreams fulfilled in 2009. Okay, that might have been a bit thick, I think. :)

See ya next year!!




2 comments:

  1. I am HOPING to ditto your 4,5 & 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great night last night!

    Those are some lofty goals. Especially the one about writing every day... so you'd better get crackin cause it's already 5:18! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!