Monday, May 2, 2011

Fun Monday - VaStayCation Time!


The question for this week was this...

With the economy, and gas prices being what they are, will you be traveling during the summer months or staying close to home?


That's my answer in a picture.

Now remember this, and shake your head sadly if you will, gas prices weren't even in the $3 a gallon range when we started planning this, and we're hoping that they stay under $5 a gallon. That being said, I would still go even if the prices were in the $10 a gallon range, we just wouldn't eat as much.

It's a great vacation diet.

We can easily justify driving across the country to visit the "Mouse House" because we haven't really gone anywhere in over a year, and we could all use a little break, right?

As for what we will be doing, or where we will be going after returning from Walt Disney World? That's where the "staycation" comes in, and not necessarily because of gas prices, because as a buddy of mine a long time ago told me; "It doesn't matter if the price was $2 a gallon, you need it to get somewhere, so you pay it." I wonder how he feels now, as this was nearly twenty years ago he said this.


No, this is why we won't be going anywhere else... You have two volleyball players, one soccer player, five camp goers, etc... Yep, we'll be a bit busy over the kids summer "break" running them from camp to camp.

Life is good.

How about you? Any plans for summer travel?

*** I wonder when will Webster's start including "staycation" in their dictionary? ***

7 comments:

  1. We have spent many a vacation in CA theme parks -- memories are never a waste of money. Enjoy those busy days of sports, etc. They are a treasure.
    P.S. if you join in our storytime, make note of our new button -- changed the name. I actually stole it from Duchess Catherine's sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip. You have a busy summer in front of you with the trip to see Mickey, the volleyball, soccer, and camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Tell Micky hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember going to Disney World as a kid. My dad managed a radio station and they had a promotion called DJ Fun Day at Disney. It was the only way my dad could afford to take us all. Lots of fun memories there!

    I want to make some for my son, but we're not really Disney people. We went to Atlanta to see the aquarium and some of the museums a couple of years ago. Want to take him camping out west sometime. We just want to show him some really different stuff - and now that he's old enough for a road trip, we might be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope! We're all going nowhere fast! ;-)
    Too much money. "They" will just have to do without any of mine for a while yet! I am back from Mither and Pop's house and won't be going back until the price drops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I just heard on the news today that the gas futures dropped dramatically today and that we should be seeing cheaper gas soon. It won't be real cheap, but at least it will be under $5 a gallon.

    Our plans this summer....a mess. We usually go to a cottage in MI for a week, but we're going to stay home this summer. We have our season tickets for the White Sox, which is really a bummer knowing that we paid good money ahead to watch them play like a bunch of old ladies (apologies to all old ladies...wait, I'm an old lady! Drat!).

    We will be leaving town for awhile later, I think, maybe...but it's not for fun stuff. Just more dealing with the family emergency that we've been dealing with for the last 9 months. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No vacay for me. My driving is now limited to and from work. Good thing that I live 2 blocks from the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!