Monday, December 14, 2009

A Christmas Prayer

I wanted to share a prayer that my daughter, Katie (10), wrote. Enjoy.
 
 My Christmas Prayer

Dear God,

Do you want to know why I love Christmas so much?

Because it's Jesus' Birthday, the best time of the year!

We also get some really good food.

I love how joy just spreads around.

We might get some new stuff.  

I am also thankful for Jesus, because when Jesus died on the cross, He forgave

all of us for our sins.

 I am also thankful for my family and friends because there is always someone to talk and play with.

I am thankful for the food we eat and the water we drink.

I am thankful for shelter.

I am thankful for teachers that teach me.

I pray for the homeless.  I wonder where they are living right now.

I pray for the hungry and thirsty.

I pray for family, and that we have good health.

The people with no money, what will they have to live on?

I pray for the people that do not have many clothes to wear.

I pray for the people that are sick.

This is my meaning of Christmas, Jesus' Birthday, a day to celebrate, and a day like no other.

The people I love: Nana, Poppa, Mom, Dad, Andy, Benjy, Jessie, Maggie, Danny, Timmy, Uncle Ben, Aunt Dana, Alli, Uncle Geoff, Aunt Jenni, Jacob, and Anna.

Places I care about, my house, Nana and Poppa's house, Uncle Ben and Aunt Dana's house, Uncle Geoff and Aunt Jenni's house, and Church.

Here are some things that I hope come true on Christmas Day, happiness, joy and love.

Amen

1 comment:

  1. That's the sweetest gift for Jesus' birthday ever! Your daughter seems to have it all figured out, bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!