Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yes, we're talking back-to-school time.

Please, please, hold your applause and cheers, you know that you will be missing them in a few days, weeks, months.

Anyway, with this being such a special day, I thought I would share a few pictures, if that's okay with you.


First up we have Maggie, who is going to school for the first time - she has been home-schooled for the past two years...

Jessie is next and looking more and more grown up as she is entering that fun year, seventh grade.

Katie is looking forward to hanging out with her friends, oh and going to class of course. She really enjoys going to school.

Andy is actually getting ready for his last day of summer work - he leaves for his sophomore year at Loras College tomorrow.

Benjy always knows where the camera is, so he doesn't have to show his face. Notice how dark it is outside? That's because it is 5:30am. He was waiting for his grandfather (the Deacon) to take him to morning mass.

We have been blessed with seven wonderful children and now have five of them in schools ranging from second grade to college sophomore. I think Danny is even getting excited about going to school next year. Maybe. He wants to go to Disney World first, then we'll talk.

He is so ours.

How did your first days go? Were the kids excited about getting back into the school game? Or did they fuss and fight waking up?

Have a great school year kids, we love you!!

3 comments:

  1. I love you and hate you! Ha ha ha. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking kids!! But I wanna talk to the person who made that beautiful quilt on the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful collection of life you have there, Roger! You and your wife have certainly done a wonderful job! And I mean that!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!