Friday, August 22, 2008

I've Been Remiss In Accepting This Honor

I was given a blog award.

An impressive blog award.

An impressive blog award that I should have mentioned sooner.

Like a month ago.

I have been a bad award winner.

I have been an ungrateful (appearing) and bad award winner.

I need to make up for that, because, well this:

The Nirvana award disclaimer (enacted 7-21-08, ratified on that same date): I can't help it if I am not the only person on the Internet that thinks you are cute, smart, original, creative, hot, excellent, good, great, in need of a hug, in need of a bouquet of flowers, in need of a poem, and/or funny. I cannot be held accountable for the actions of others that may or may not have resulted in a duplication of the award in question. Accepting the award is up to you, but once you do accept said award if I hear any crap about said award I am revoking said award because if I gave you said award you deserved said award so deal with said award. Thank you very much.

You see that?

I mean what is worse than hearing any "crap" about said award, than hearing NOTHING about said award?

So what is said award?

Glad you asked. It is this...




Now, I personally being as insecure as the next guy, do not believe that I deserve this. However, I am not one to disclaim an award... especially with the airtight disclaimer above. I mean, I would be afraid of what would happen to me if I chose to not accept it.

That being said, I would like to present my acceptance speech - at least the text of said speech, anyway:

Thank you!

Thank you so much. I am glad that all of my hard work has been finally noticed enough that I proudly accept this Brillante Weblog Premio-2008 award.

I look back at the history of this award and just can't help to wonder who else in history would be deserving of this award, if it only were available then.

We're talking TJ - Thomas Jefferson, my favorite bespectacled founding father Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison would be trying to pry it from Nicola Tesla's hands I am sure. Others would include names like Dickens, Shakespeare, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Einstein and Aristotle to just name a few.

I am honored to be among such men.

This award is not just for men either, and the list of women receiving this award would be just as glamorous; with Catherine the Great, Mary Shelley, Cleopatra, heck I think Margaret Thatcher won it twice, I digress because this is actually about me now.

You see, the insecurity I had at the beginning of this speech has blossomed into some serious hubris, so I must bring this to an end, but not before thanking the important people:

My wife, Jenni, always there for me through thick or thin, without who I would be lost and a complete nutcase. My kids who really do try to understand what planet it is I come from. My in-laws that have been there to pick me up when I have fallen, as have my parents - although it would be nice to see them again!

Thank you very much for this great honor Holly - I shall continue to read your blog, no matter what.


I promise.

Really, I do.

Stop playing that music already!!! I'm only halfway thr...



6 comments:

  1. Very good! Bravo, encore, and all that...crap(?) I am with you 100%. Well, I was up until you mentioned Clinton...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Halfasstic in that I can't fathom orthodox Catholic and Yay Clinton in the same blog. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you mean... I must have lost something in the translation as I am NOT a Clinton fan (either of them!).

    I will have to rectify that situation....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great acceptance speech...considering the tardiness, I'm surprised the orchestra was still around to play you off. For sure, excise HRC (yuck).
    Loved your comments on the Olympics.
    I'm finally getting around to fixing your blog name...I promise!
    Blessings to all, E

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: BTW, did you do the name change so you would be at the top of everyone's alphabetized blog-lists???
    You are "tops" on mine!
    Pax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, my wife said the same thing. It's really because I heard the word screed, and liked it's definition and figured it would be a good fit.

    Of course being at the top of people's blogrolls is nice too. :)

    Oh, and I'm replacing HRC with Margaret Thatcher, who knew that Hillary was so disliked. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!