Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How to Make a Mountain out of a Mole Hill.

In a good way, of course.

It all started back in October of 1967, okay technically it was in January, but I don't remember that far back...

Oops, sorry about that, I started writing my memoir.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, mountains out of mole hills. (Is that one word, or two?)

We are going to Six Flags over Great America tomorrow (can I get a whoop whoop?) with four adults, but only if I am considered an adult and fourteen kids. But that isn't how it all started...

Jenni, the kids and some friends of ours were planning this annual extravaganza, when Jennifer (our friend) said why don't we let Roger come along? Jenni (my lovely bride) said that Roger doesn't really like Six Flags, and probably can't get the time off, but she asked anyway.

I actually said yes. I know weak moment, but hey I can be accommodating at times.

That was three months ago.

Fast forward to yesterday, when the realization of what I was going to do hit me. ("I don't want to go, and you can't make me.... waaaahhhh!)

Ask Jenni, she will attest to my whiny butt. My substantial whiny butt, or maybe that should be my whiny substantial butt?

Whatever.

**** Side Bar ~~~ Watching Elf right now, and the short dude Miles is on and Buddy just called him an elf. Now he is stating that he gets more action in a week than...(family edit). Whispering now "He's an angry elf."

HI Larry Us! ~~~~ Back to your regularly scheduled screed

Anyway, last night we had a bunch of Andy's friends over { I should actually step back again (sorry) and mention that the going with the friends was falling apart because of rain for today, the original scheduled day, and it looked like they wouldn't be able to go tomorrow, so } and we were talking about Six Flags. Well one thing led to another and the next thing we knew, we were inviting anyone and everyone. In fact, if you want to come to Gurnee, Illinois tomorrow around ten, we will be there, so come on by. Some are coming that were here last night, some can't make it, while others (who were NOT here last night) are now coming.

Isn't that cool?

Okay, I must leave the blog for a few hours and get a little shut eye -we leave at 7:30 tomorrow morning... So maybe I'll see you all on Friday. :)

Please pray for us, those rides can take a lot out of a person.

Good night and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so very jealous!! I love coasters & the feeling that my tummy is somewhere in the vacinity of the sun. So. Much. Fun!

    We have the silverwood theme park semi-nearby in Idaho. We just gatta get someone to watch the kids so Chris & I can scream like teenagers all day long.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!