Tuesday, June 17, 2008

You Stream, I Stream, we all Stream for Live Stream!

Except apparently here at work.

Yep, that means no more Yahoo radio's Launch cast, no more XM radio, no more Sirius. Heck, I can't even listen to this really awesome classical music station down in North Carolina WCPE.

I'm bummed.

It seems that my company is trying to get by on the cheap here by buying a limited amount of bandwidth. Never, I repeat NEVER, has been a problem before, but now it apparently is slowing everything down. Personally, I think they use up a lot of bandwidth with the firewall, but no one listens to me.

No more LIVE Euro 2008 soccer games - I guess the 2010 World Cup will be out of the question as well.

We have the technology, we have the desire to stream, it makes us happy. Now, I have to bring my iPod to work with me. Okay, I do that already, but... Okay, I DO have some external speakers for it, so I don't need to use the headphones. Oh, and I will be able to choose the music I like, as opposed to some programmer somewhere.

Okay, maybe it won't be so bad.

Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing with you because despite all this it appears from the outside that your working conditions aren't dire...

    Now if they take away your internet access I will totally retract that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell me that you were following Euro 2008 at work!
    That's only allowed for World Cup, and ONLY if your own team is involved in the finals! So little opportunity.
    Too bad! there will be so many wonderful matches now that the worst have been eliminated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah wah wah wah.
    You poor baby you :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!