Wednesday, February 6, 2019

It's Not Always Shiny

I recently found out that a family member of mine had passed. This was sort of a shock since he was still relatively young. He did have some health issues but seemed to have gotten over the hump and surely did not appear to be near death. The key here is, appears because it's sounding like he may have been suffering from depression that was not diagnosed perhaps and not treated properly. Alas, I did not know him well and every time I would meet up with him he did not appear to be suffering at all. Then again it's not like you can physically see depression, I should know as I too suffer from this mental ailment and fight a battle with it on a daily basis. Which is why it is so hard to write about and discuss. Let's just say that life isn't always shiny, especially for those living under the blanket of depression.

*Disclaimer, I am not saying that he committed suicide, just that we should be on the lookout for signs that might lead to that. If you know anyone that could use help, have them call.


Call 1-800-273-8255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!