Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nine-Day Warning!!

That's right folks. Nine more days, until the craziest month of them all, November!

Why is November crazy?

Glad you asked.

November is crazy because it is NaBloPoMo, and NaNoWriMo.

Yes, it's National Blog Posting Month - where you leave a post every day! On anything you'd like. Sure, it may sound easy, but wait until it's 11:30PM and you are settling down for a long winter's nap, when all of a sudden what should appear, a reminder that you need to post something in the next thirty minutes. That's what.

Then there is the grandaddy of them all National Novel Writing Month, where you are challenged to write 50,000 words, that all go together. I think it's roughly 1700 words a day. Doesn't that sound like fun? Especially if you are like me and do not have an idea for a story, just yet.

Panicking doesn't help, so don't even bother doing it. Just flow with it. :)

For more information on either"challenges" you can visit their websites here and here, I'll leave the links as a surprise.

So, interested? Wanna join me on this crazy month? How about a challenge among friends? Let me know.

Of course you could just keep coming back everyday for updates... that will be fun too.



6 comments:

  1. I wanted to join in on NaBloPoMo but lucky for me my husband will be home from Iraq for 2 weeks in November so I will be AWOL.

    Have fun though! As much as I'd like to think I'll put my computer away for his time home I'm sure it will find its way back into my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the middle of posting daily for Downs Awareness month. Since I am a big wuss, I will need a bit of bloggy break in November to let my poor brain rest (I'm already starting to flounder for fodder).

    Good luck with whichever one you do (or don't do).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've considered the possibility. And, I have my story idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that I could do a post a day...one a week maybe???
    Good luck. I will check in on you often!
    Pax Christi, E

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a challenge! Well, only if it's something I have any hope of accomplishing... I THINK I could pull off a post a day for one month. As long as you aren't graded for content!
    Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you!!! I think I would become a certifiablly INSANE person if I took on either of those challenges right now, so I'm not playing. Besides, I think they break one of the blog commandments (which I loved, btw!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!