Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Bloggy Politic (no more)

Hello.

I have been away for a bit.

Sorry about that. I had nothing but mean-spirited and not-nice things to say as of late, and I did not wish to subject you all to that.

You may have also noticed that I have added a couple of things to the ole sidebar. One is a very cute little button (actually it's a picture, because the code just did not want to work for me), that I was allowed to use by my friend Holly, who like me is really getting tired of all the vitriolic talk about candidate A saying this about candidate B, etc. Actually, and I may be just speaking for myself here, but it isn't necessarily the candidates that I am tired of hearing blather on about this and that, but rather the impassioned fans of said candidates. Let me tell ya, you don't want to get caught in an argument with either side, because guess what, neither of you is listening.

That being said, and I alluded to my feelings about it earlier (down there) I have decided to go political post free, until November 5, 2008 at least. You all probably know who I like, and I can let you know why - just ask, but you will not see it here anymore after this post. Go check out Politico, or Daily Kos, or National Review Online, or whatever if you want your hard hitting political mumbo-jumbo.

Because here, I'm just a Dad that loves his kids and likes to share stories about them. Oh yeah, I am also a Catholic and I like to share stories about that also, in fact I am thinking about maybe doing a daily saint post, but we'll see. I don't know if my ambition is bigger than my eyes, or would that be fingers?

I am also debating whether or not to go full tilt and do the whole dot com thing, along with a facial, if you will, for the look. I love the mountains, but be honest, when you see mountains are you thinking Daddy-blogger? We'll see, again my ambition may be...

The second little thingy that I added is something new from Blogger, which allows you readers (followers in Bloggers terminology) to - I really don't know because I haven't tried it yet (I'm bad my little guinea pigs :) ) so try it and we will find out together!

Now back to our regularly scheduled blog...




UPDATE: I tried the followers thingy and I am now following my own blog... weird, but now you will see what happens. Oh you can also follow anonymously if you'd like, but why would you want to do that? :)

I also added a title.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Well, aren't you just way progressive! I am following you, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. I have you in my reader, so I don't know why I'm not in the "follower" category. Love seeing the button around. YAY for not getting into a fight!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!