Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
I got to the park just before 3 p.m. and my drive down had been sunny and pleasant. The parade stepped off on Main Street under fairly blue skies, but in an instant everything changed. A huge storm cloud blew over top of us so quickly that Mickey and Minnie got by me in Town Square without a drop, but by Pinocchio's float -- the next one -- a heavy rain had started.
Disney equips characters with clear plastic umbrellas and Snow White's poor Prince struggled mightily to get one open for his princess. To her credit -- as did all the performers -- Snow White carried on smiling, singing and dancing.
But things were getting worse quickly. The female dancers' hair was already sticking to the sides of their faces. Thunder was starting to crackle. I assumed floats would stop coming out of the gate, but they all came out. Aladdin, umbrella-less, was sporting a very soggy turban. Mary Poppins, of course, has her own umbrella, and Bert was cheerful as ever. Alice and the Mad Hatter even had a little horseplay as she was too short to effectively hold an umbrella over his gigantic hat.
It was a deluge by the time the Fairy Godmother and three royal couples arrived. Fairy Godmother seemed flustered -- and who could blame her? Her hood was being blown off by the gusty wind, and she was forced to literally hold on to her hair. Thankfully, her platform was lowered to bring her closer to earth.
Suzy and Perla, Cinderella's mice, didn't make it out of Town Square, but cut back across the square to scurry toward the parade entrance gate. Lady Tremaine and her ditsy daughters also chose to return that way, but the not-so-good Lady elegantly maintained her composure, lifting her gown as she stepped across puddles that were quickly merging into a giant lake.
There is more, and some pictures, at the link.
I wonder if my in-laws witnessed this, since they are there now.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I would NOT ask if it wasn't for a great cause. Plus, there are over 90 donated prizes to win totaling over $3000.00! And who doesn't like to win??
It's really a win-win for everyone. People get to help me meet my fundraising goal AND potentionally win big.
Saturday was the 6th anniversary of my Dad's heart transplant. I am more determined than ever to give back in a big way.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE clickover and enter my raffle!! You can truly win TONS OF PRIZES (totaling over $3000.00 - gift cards, Starbucks coffee maker, $600 in camping equipment, gorgeous jewelry and more).
It's for a great cause….
6 years ago my Dad received a new heart.
This is my way of giving back.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
- Does it actual make the beer taste better, than say a cold-filtered three times beer?
- What's the deal with calling it genuine draft anyway? I mean do the fill the bottles from a keg or what?
- Does my talking about beer make me lose my "G" rating?
- Why should I stress out over a soccer tournament, I mean if we win, does it make me an awesome coach, or just put more pressure on me to repeat my feat with Maggie's team next year? Even though Maggie's team will not have a season ending tournament for at least five more years, or is it four?
- Why does eating a bunch of pretzels, like say a whole bag, may my eyesight go wacky and my head start a pounding? I think the eyesight was going wacky because of the pounding, but still, what's up with that?
- Do you know how hard it is to break 75,000 points in Bejeweled Blitz(one minute rounds)? Now imagine my surprise when I got over 114,000! I think I shall take this moment to announce my retirement from Bejeweled Blitz, at least until Tuesday, or one of my fierce competitors usurp my standing as numero uno.
- Yes, I did just slip into a little Spanish. That makes it two, count them TWO, days in a row that I have a Spanish language usage in my blog.
- What does number 9 even mean?
- Can this stop, now?
Thursday, June 4, 2009
“A man is about thirty-eight before he stockpiles enough socks to be able to get one matching pair”
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. ~ Capt Jean-Luc Picard